Moving homes can be an overwhelming experience when it comes to sorting through your possessions. Have you ever wondered what to do what all your unwanted items and waste when you prepare for a move?
Good news is, there are several ways to dispose of your unwanted items sustainably with proper planning and sorting.
For a sustainable move-out, professionals offering moving house services in Sydney suggest you to:
- Donate to your local op shops such as Salvation Army or St Vincent de Paul. items such as furniture, toys and clothes in good condition are accepted. Not only does it reduce waste, it helps those in need.
- Give them to friends and family. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
- Sell them on Facebook, eBay, Gumtree or any buy and sell sites.
- Plan your move around your council’s bulk household goods collection – these get disposed of or recycled properly.
- Recycle. Items such as soft plastics can be recycled through the recycle program. Most Woolworths and Coles stores have a recycle bin where you can Dispose of your soft plastics next time you do a grocery run. Find out more here.
- Electronic waste cannot be thrown in your household recycling bin, but you can take them to Community Recycling Centres for proper disposal or recycling.
Moving sustainably is as easy as 1,2,3.
Get in touch with us today if you have any questions about moving sustainably, or stay tuned for more tips on our blog!